Saturday, May 12, 2007

Disaster Preparedness

Seeing the movie "28 Weeks Later" got me to thinking --yet again -- about disaster preparedness. This week there are big fires in California, New Jersey just had a big floods a couple of weeks ago and every winter there are blizzards. The possibility that you'll have to prepare for a zombie invasion is remote but other things can and, unfortunately, do happen.

Make sure you know where your flashlights are, that they are working, that you have an ample supply of canned or other non-perishable goods, bottled water, antiseptic towelettes or hand sanitizer, a battery-operated radio, a first-aid kit, a manual can opener and a phone that plugs into a phone jack, (since the phone company uses a different power system and the phones will keep on operating when there is a power failure).

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger RVlady said...

Good Information. May I add one more thing. I went through Katrina. It took me several months to get my money back out of the banks. ( they were smaller regional banks) I recommend having CASH at home, plus an account with a national bank. That saved me because I had both.(Normally I am a support your local business people)

6:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home