Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Ziplock Bags -- a Great Invention

I find that Ziplock bags are one of my favorite organizing products. They are truly the bags of a thousand uses. Don't use them only for bagging things for the refrigerator or freezer. They can be used for so many, many other things. I just love them. They come in lots of different sizes and now come in some that are truly humongous.

I use them:

* To carry reading material with me so if I know I'm going to be waiting places (like a doctor's office) I have magazine articles or other things that I want to read but haven't had the time to get to.

* They can be used in a workshop for sorting nuts, bolts, and just about anything else.

* To help sort out papers. I often cram a bunch of receipts into a ziplock and sort them out later.

* To help categorize "stuff". Put eveything of one type into a Ziplock and you've got it together and can work on it later. If you've sorted out a bunch of papers and have to move them off your table or counter put each type into a Ziplock bag and they're ready to be worked on without sorting again.

* The larger ones can be used to store clothing. Separating out winter stuff from summer for instance.

* I use them a lot for packing. I can put all the underwear together or all the same type items so I can just pull out what I need easily. I can also put together anything that I pick up on the trip and put it into categories; personal, business, stuff I really want, stuff to sort through. I always have a few extras that I use for dirty laundry. This makes it easy when I get home to just put the dirty clothes in with the other laundry. It's pre-sorted as to whites, colors, etc.

* Great for keeping wet things wet, dry things dry and keeping them separated from each other.

They are one of the best inventions of the 20th century.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home