Friday, June 27, 2008

Going To The Racetrack

At the checkout line in the supermarket today I got into a conversation with a man behind me about the weather. I noticed he had an absolutely enormous jar of pancake syrup. I told him that it probably contained high fructose corn syrup which reserach has shown is more likely to add to weight gain than sugar. When we looked it contained corn syrup and high fructose corn syrup. High fructose corn syrup is cheaper than sugar and is in practically everything.



I then suggested that in the future he shop the walls of the supermarket which is where you find the fresh produce, fresh fish, meat and poultry and dairy goods. In supermarket parlance that is known as the racetrack. So go to the racetrack and stay away from processed foods.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home