Sunday, August 17, 2008

Saving Money On Food #5

Concerned about your rising food bill? So am I. As one way to save money I urge you to check your register tape.

I don't shop much at Whole Paycheck (Whole Foods) but I do go there for certain items. I bought a loaf of a certain bread clearly marked $3.29. When I looked at the register tape it said bread $3.79. I went to Customer Service where the pleasant young woman (quite a surprise since I've had plenty of awful customer service at WF) went with me for a price check. The bread was clearly marked $3.29 so I got my loaf of bread for nothing. The bad part is that the price has gone up to $3.79, but they haven't changed the price on the actual loaves yet. Do they hope that I'll be the only one to notice the difference?

So check that register tape to make sure that what you are being charged is the same as the price for the item. In New Jersey, where I live, if there is a difference you get the item for free. I have often found that what the item is marked and what it scans for are two different amounts.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home