Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Need vs. Want

With the new and tougher economic times people are trying to figure out how to spend less money. Americans have had a drunken spending binge for the last twenty years. I have seen it with many people I have worked with who just plain had too much stuff. No one needs 150 pairs of shoes or 250 sweaters.

It's time to figure out what you need vs. what you want. We all need the basics of food and shelter and clothing. Beyond that start to ask yourself simple questions.

Is this something I will use regularly? Do I have other similar items? Do I have other similar items that I don't use? What will happen to me if I don't have this item? Will something happen to me if I don't purchase it or will I be just as well, or better off? Am I buying this to gain status in the eyes of others? Do I really need this?

Start thinking in a different mode.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Pam said...

Amen! I know several people that need to read this (including myself). Thanks for the post!

5:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home